Summer is here, which means it’s time to enjoy delicious barbeque foods like corn on the cob and bone-in ribs! Unfortunately, if you’re missing teeth or wearing ill-fitting dentures, you may find it difficult to enjoy your favorite cookout meals. Thankfully, you can restore your smile with comfortable, long-lasting, and lifelike dental implants! Read on to find out why summer is the best time to rebuild your pearly whites with this modern tooth replacement option.
Benefits of Dental Implants You May Not Have Considered
Dental implants are a truly unique way to restore your smile since they replace missing teeth both above and below the gumline. This gives them durability, functionality, and longevity that you simply can’t find with other options. More benefits of dental implants include:
- Prevent premature aging: Since they’re integrated into the jawbone and stimulate blood flow, dental implants prevent bone deterioration that lead to a sunken, aged look in the facial features.
- Safeguard oral and overall health: Replacing missing teeth with dental implants makes it easier to control levels of bacteria in your mouth, which lowers your risk of oral and overall health conditions.
- Easy to care for: Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants don’t require any special care! Simply brush and floss them daily to keep them functional for decades to come.
Why Summer Is the Best Time for Dental Implants
Since it will take several weeks for your mouth to heal after your dental implant procedure, summer is the best time to start your journey towards a new smile. These restorations are placed via oral surgery, so you’ll be encouraged to rest for a while afterwards. What could be better than relaxing in the sun next to the pool or in the backyard with family? Additionally, soft summer foods like ice cream, smoothies, and mashed potatoes are ideal choices to eat during your recovery period.
The Sooner You Get Dental Implants, The Better
Rebuilding your smile with dental implants is a big decision, so it’s important that you feel confident in your choice. However, it’s important not to put off replacing your missing teeth because:
- Your teeth begin to shift out of place and your jawbone begins to deteriorate as soon as a tooth goes missing.
- Changes in your mouth may make it more difficult or nearly impossible for you to receive dental implants if you wait too long.
- The healing process can take a very long time. Getting dental implants early in summer improves the likelihood that your new smile will be ready just in time for the holidays!
Remember, while this custom restoration may take several weeks or months to repair your smile, the results can easily last you a lifetime!
About the Author
Dr. Thaddeus Michalski has been rebuilding smiles with dental implants for almost two decades now. To ensure he can provide the best implant dentistry for his patients in Rocky Hill, CT, he has completed extensive continuing education and advanced training. His dedication to his craft earned him the prestigious status of both Fellowship and Diplomate in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is able to perform every step of your dental implant process to personally ensure that you are as comfortable and confident as possible. If you’d like to learn more about dental implants, feel free to contact him via his website or at (860) 563-4544.